|Thursday:||Things that Entangle|
|Main Passage:||Matthew 19:16-30|
|Other Passages:||Hebrews 12:1-3, Philippians 3:7-11, Mark 10:17-31, Luke 18:18-30|
|Memory Verse:||Matthew 19:29, |
And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.
- What was keeping the rich young man from running his race?
- What did Jesus tell the rich young man to do? Why did he tell him that?
- Why did the rich young man go away sad? Explain.
- Does that mean Jesus wants all of us to give away all of our money and possessions in order to follow him?
- What does Hebrews tell us to do so that we can run a good race?
- What are some things that could entangle you if you're not careful? How can you keep that from happening?
- Should we feel deprived if we have to stop doing some kinds of things in order to run our race better? How should we regard those things that we throw off?
If you need hints to answer some of the questions, look up the listed scripture passages.
Scripture taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved.