Missions Marathon Skit, Day Two

Skit:Missions Marathon
Tuesday:Let's Go!
Missions Lesson: Why do we send missionaries?
Missions Examples: The Macedonian Call
Bible Passages: Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 16-17
[The race has started. Earnest and Kristina are jogging in place (with exaggerated running arm motions).]
Earnest: Okay, I'm wearing my running clothes, I have my number, I'm on the course, now let's see... why am I going, again?
Kristina: You want to be a missions marathon runner, right?
Earnest: Right!
Kristina: Well, missionaries tell other people the good news about how Jesus came to Earth to save them from their sin. That's what you want to do, isn't it?
Earnest: Yes! But aren't all Christians supposed to do that?
Kristina: Yes, all Christians are supposed to be sharing their faith with others, but sometimes some of them sit around in the bleachers, instead of running the race.
Earnest: Oh, I don't want to be like that. I want to do it. I want to get things done. I want to tell people about Jesus. I want to run this race!Jesus said, “go and make disciples of all nations”, and I want to obey.
Kristina: That's the spirit! [Point.] Look, over there are some more people we could tell about how Jesus died for them.
Earnest: Great! I wonder why somebody didn't already tell them? If we pick up the pace, we can be over there in a few minutes.
Kristina: That's why we're going on this missions marathon: because there are people who have never heard how they can get to heaven.
Earnest: Let's go tell them.

No comments: