|Wednesday:||Josiah and the Book|
|Story Passages:||2nd Kings 22-23, 2nd Chronicles 34|
|Other Passages:||1st Corinthians 9:23-27, 1st Timothy 4:7-10, 2nd Timothy 3:16-4:8, 2nd Kings 21:10-11, 2nd Chronicles 33:10-16, 2nd Kings 23|
|Memory Verse:||1st Thessalonians 2:13|
- How old was Josiah when he began to seek the Lord? How old was he when he had the temple repaired?
- Why did Josiah have the temple repaired and cleaned? How did he know to do this, if he didn't have a copy of God's word to tell him?
- How many people were involved with the work of repairing the temple?
- When Hilkiah found the book, he gave it to a secretary, and the secretary took the book and read it to King Josiah. What was the secretary's name?
- When the king heard what was written and realized that Israel had not been following the law, he sent men to ask the Lord about it. What was God's response?
- What was the name of the person through whom God spoke his answer?
- What did Josiah do when he received God's answer?
- What are some things you have learned recently by studying God's word? How can you apply them to your life?
- How can you make time in your schedule to study God's word more?