Unprepared Fishermen I

Skit: Unprepared Fishermen I
[Fisherman Bob is sitting beside a small portable swimming pool with a rod and reel, dangling his line into the water, whistling tunelessly. Sally, walking by, carrying a bucket of bait (but no rod or reel), stops to talk to Bob.]
Sally: Hey, Bob, are you getting ready to go fishing?
Bob: Getting ready? What are you talking about? I've been fishing here in this pool for three and a half hours.
Sally: That's a pretty small pool. Say, isn't that a swimming pool?
Bob: Yeah, why?
Sally: I don't think there are any fish in that pool. Looks like just water to me.
Bob: What's that got to do with anything? I've got my rod and reel right here, see, and my fishing line, and...
Sally: But Bob, there are no fish in that pool. Don't you want to catch fish?
Bob: Of course I want to catch fish! I wouldn't be fishing if I didn't want to catch any fish.
Sally: Bob, if you want to catch fish, you have to go where there are fish. Like a lake, or a river, or the ocean...
Bob: But I like this pool. And I've got everything I need right here. I've got my rod and reel, my fishing line, and I've got my fishing license right here in my wallet.
Sally: A fishing license? What's that?
Bob: You can't fish without a license! It's illegal.
Sally: Wait, I was headed to the lake to do some fishing, but I've never had a license!
Bob: Well, if you're going to fish, you should get a fishing license first.
Sally: Okay, I'll tell you what. If you take me to get a license, I'll take you to the lake, and then we can really catch some fish!
[Bob stands up and they leave together.]

No comments: