Missionaries and the Bible

Day Two:Missionaries and the Bible
Bible Lesson: Do What It Says (Ezra & Nehemiah and the Feast of Booths): We should study God's word and obey it.
Memory Verse: James 1:22
Missions Concepts: Missionaries study and obey God's word.
Missions Questions:
Why is it important for missionaries to study God's word?
Is it hard for you to obey God's word?
What blessings do you see for being obedient?
Bible Passages:
Introduction: God's Word
In the Bible lesson, you learned about how Ezra read God's word to all the people of Israel, and they listened and obeyed. Did you know that missionaries also read and study and obey God's word?
Procedure: Picking Questions from the Box
Call a child volunteer to pull out each of the questions. Help them read it aloud to the group. You can use a microphone and/or repeat the question yourself so that everyone can hear it.
After reading the question, introduce each missionary before reading their answer. You can also show a photo and/or their country's flag and a map if desired. Then read and explain their answers. If there's time, you can lead a brief discussion of the answers or ask a few comprehension questions.
After each question, check the time, and if enough time is available pick a new volunteer to pull the next question out of the box. Finish up by having two or three children pray out loud for the missionaries before you dismiss to the next activity.
Question #4
Why is it important for you, as a missionary, to study God's word?
Answer: Pastor Tom Ricker
It is the only way for me to know God and to know what he wants me to do, what he wants me to say, and how he wants me to live.
Since Pastor Tom doesn't have a pastor or a Sunday School teacher there teaching him, if he doesn't study the Bible on his own, he won't be hearing from God's word for a long time. We all need to study the Bible, but it's especially important for missionaries.
Answer: Pastor Zambo Solomon
I can only give what I have. If I have the word, as Colossians 3:16 [says] dwelling abundantly in me, I will be able to give in abundance the word.
Pastor Solomon can't share God's word with others unless he has studied it himself.
Question #5
Is it hard for you to obey God's word?
Answer: Pastor Tom Ricker
Sometimes. Because sometimes I don't want to be kind to people who don't like me. I don't want to keep reaching out to people when they are going to reject me and Jesus. But I know that he commands me to.
Answer: Pastor Zambo Solomon
Yes, sometime[s], when I face trials, [like] when [there was] sickness [in] my family, [or when my] brother and sisters [were] not faithful, I was tempted...
Just like all of us have trouble always obeying God all the time, pastors and missionaries are no different. They have to work hard at it too.
Question #6
What blessings do you see for being obedient?
Answer: Pastor Tom Ricker
Such joy when I think of him watching me and smiling. I live to make him smile.
Answer: Pastor Zambo Solomon
The Lord always opens doors where I cannot imagine. He will give me works with some souls.
God creates opportunities for Pastor Solomon to tell people how they can be saved. Sometimes there's an unexpected chance to share with someone Pastor Solomon did not think he would be able to talk to.
Conclusion: Prayer
Finish up by having two or three children pray out loud for the missionaries before you dismiss to the next activity.
Invitation: Missions
Invite any children who want to do missions work to stay after the lesson and discuss it further.

No comments: