|Story Passage:||Jeremiah 1:7-10, Jeremiah 38|
|Other Passages:||2nd Timothy 2:3-4, 2nd Chronicles 36:11-20, 2nd Kings 24:18 – 25:26, Matthew 28:18-20, 1st Corinthians 15:1-4, Romans 10:5-13, 2nd Corinthians 5:1|
|Memory Verse:||Romans 1:16, |
I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
- What kind of information did Jeremiah have to give the people?
- Who rescued Jeremiah from the cistern?
- Why had God chosen to allow Jerusalem to fall to the king of Babylon?
- Why didn't the people want to hear what Jeremiah had to tell them? Are people today ever like that? Are people in the church ever like that?
- If God was protecting Jeremiah, why did he allow him to be put into the cistern?
- Have you ever needed to tell someone something that you knew they didn't really want to hear? Something about their relationship with God? Did you tell them? Were there any consequences?
If you need hints to answer some of the questions, look up the listed scripture passages.
Scripture taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved.