|Bible Lesson:||Sheep Security (The Good Shepherd)|
|Missions Concepts:||Missionaries train local pastors.|
|Missions Examples:||India: Orissa|
|Bible Passages:||2nd Timothy 2:2, 1st Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9|
- Can you think of some specific dangers that a church would suffer if they don't have a pastor?
- What kinds of things does a man need to learn before he can be a pastor?
- Are there other requirements? Can just anyone be a pastor, if they study the right things?
- If there are already a number of new churches without pastors, and not enough men training to be pastors for all of them, should missionaries stop evangelizing new areas for a while? Why or why not?
- Does the Bible actually tell us to train pastors?
- Where did our pastor receive his training? How can we know if it was good enough?
- Why don't men from India just come to America and attend school here to train to be pastors?
If you need hints to answer some of the questions, look up the listed scripture passages.