|Tuesday:||Lamb of God (Isaac and the Ram)|
|Story Passages:||Genesis 22|
|Other Passages:||Hebrews 11:19|
|Objectives:||Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins, so that we don't have to.|
|Memory Verse:||Romans 4:25|
- Why did God ask the Israelites to perform animal sacrifices?
- God clearly knew about Ishmael (Gen 17:17-21), so why did he call Isaac
your son, your only son, Isaac, whom you love(Genesis 22:2)? What is God talking about? What is so unique about Isaac?
- Hebrews tells us that Abraham believed God could raise Isaac from the dead. How could he have reached that conclusion?
- Isaac himself carried the wood. (Does this remind you of anything?) How old must Isaac have been?
- Abraham was an old man, but he was able to bind Isaac and lay him on the altar. What must their relationship have been like?
- Why is it important that Jesus not only died but also rose from the dead?
If you need hints to answer some of the questions, look up the listed scripture passages.