|Monday:||Going Astray: Moses and the Rock|
|Story Passages:||Numbers 20:1-13|
|Other Passages:||Isaiah 53, Romans 3:23, 6:23, Exodus 17:1-7|
|Objectives:||Everyone has sinned. Sin has a penalty.|
|Memory Verse:||Isaiah 53:6|
- What was wrong with the people's reaction? After all, it was true that there was no water for the community. People do need water to live, so what was the problem with their attitude?
- Why did God give Moses different instructions this time than the first time?
- The memory verse is from Isaiah 53. Who is this passage talking about?
- Moses mostly did what God said. Why was the punishment for his deviation so severe, when much greater sins have been forgiven others?
- Moses was a uniquely great man of God. (See Numbers 12:4-8) Yet, even he went astray. What hope is there for us? How can we hope to follow God if Moses failed?
- How does the church protect against false teaching? How does it help to bring us back when we wander astray?
If you need hints to answer some of the questions, look up the listed scripture passages.