|Tuesday:||Do What It Says|
|Main Passage:||Nehemiah 7-8|
|Other Passages:||Leviticus 23:33-43, Numbers 29:12-39, Deuteronomy 16:13-17, 2nd Chronicles 36:14-21, Hebrews 3:7-4:2, Exodus 23:10-11, Jeremiah 25:1-14|
|Memory Verse:||James 1:22|
- Why were the people weeping?
- Why did Nehemiah tell them not to grieve?
- What was the point of the booths? Why did God want them to observe this holiday?
- Why had the people been in exile in the first place? Why were they back now?
- How long had it been since the Israelites had celebrated the holiday like this? (See 8:17.) Why had they let it go for so long?
- Why did the Levites have to explain the meaning of the text to the people? It was written in Hebrew. What language had the people been speaking? Why?
If you need hints to answer some of the questions, look up the listed scripture passages.
Scripture taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved.