|Monday:||The Fish and the Coin|
|Main Passage:||Matthew 17:24-27|
|Other Passages:||Matthew 12:1-8; Matthew 22:15-22; John 1:1-4, 9-14, 29-34; Hebrews 1:8; Isaiah 9:6; John 5:17-23; Matthew 16:13-17, Leviticus 23:3, Deuteronomy 23:24-25, 24:19-22, John 14:5-14|
|Memory Verse:||Matthew 16:16|
- Jesus was the Son. He was exempt. Why did he have Peter pay the temple tax for him?
- Did God really care whether the Jews worked on the Sabbath? Why?
- What does Jesus mean when he says, "Whatever the Father does the Son also does"? Does that really mean everything? Did the Son participate in, for example, the creation of the world? What is Jesus talking about?
- Why didn't the Pharisees accuse Jesus and his disciples of stealing the grain they were eating?
- If no one has ever seen God the Father, how could Jesus make him known to us?
If you need hints to answer some of the questions, look up the listed scripture passages.
Scripture taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved.